Last Updated on July 17, 2022 by Bruce
1) How to choose an electronic predator call
Before you can choose an electronic predator call, you need to ask yourself some questions. Have you hunted coyotes before? If yes, then what is your experience in electronic predator calls? Do you have any electronic predator caller reviews or recommendations by friends or fellow hunters who used electronic calls in the past? Make a list of electronic predator call features that are important for you. Knowing how to choose an electronic predator call will help in making the best purchase decision in the long run, plus your wallet will also thank you later.
2) Why Electronic Predator Calls are the Best Choice For Hunters
Electronic Game Calls are popular because they work. They emit advanced technology sounds that mimic small animals like rabbits and young fawns, even birds and insects to bring in coyotes, foxes and bobcats. Many predator calls also come with decoy predators such as stuffed animals or electronic dummies that can be placed on the ground or hung from a tree branch for added realism.
3) What to look for in electronic predator calls
The electronic game calls you buy should have features that make your hunting experience more pleasurable and productive. It makes sense to spend money only on electronic predator call devices that have good sound quality, which means the sounds produced must be loud enough without requiring too much power. The external speaker should also produce high-quality sounds that are very clear and mimic natural sounds perfectly so they do not give away your location easily. You might want to consider buying electronic predator call devices with programmable memory so you can set up your electronic predator calls to play at the best times. Spectrogram capabilities are also very important for electronic predator call devices, allowing you to see how many coyotes or other predators are approaching which might provide an advantage over them.
4) Electronic Predator Call features to consider when buying one
Here is a list of electronic predator call features that hunters have told us they think are most important:
· Quality of the electronic sounds. Coyote hunting involves using realistic sounds that resemble small animals to bring in predators close enough for a shot, so it makes sense to look for electronic predator call devices with high-quality sounds so there are no issues about sound clarity and volume levels.
· External speaker. You do not want electronic predator call devices with low-quality speakers because the sound quality will be poor, and you will not be able to hear it at all if there is too much background noise such as wind.
· Programmable memory. It is best to buy electronic predator call devices that allow you programming sounds and times so you can create a realistic hunting environment whenever and wherever you go.
· Spectrogram capabilities. This allows electronic predator calls to show hunters what predators are approaching so they can make smart strategies to use against them for an advantage during hunts.
5) Factors that determine which electronic predator call you should buy
There are several factors that determine which electronic predator call you should buy, including the size of your hunting area, how many electronic predator calls you need and what type of electronic predator call devices are allowed in your state.
· Area size . If you plan to hunt on large areas with several electronic predator call devices, then buying cheap electronic devices that have poor sound quality or create signs of distress might be acceptable. However, if you hunt in smaller areas where predators are more likely to approach closer, then you will need electronic predator call devices with high-quality sounds so they can do their job properly while keeping them affordable at the same time since electronic devices tend to be more expensive than other types of hunting paraphernalia.
· Number of electronic Predator Calls needed . If you are hunting in an area where there are no electronic predator call devices allowed, then you will either need to bring electronic equipment with you or make your own electronic devices. If this is the case, then do not buy electronic predator call devices that cost too much since they might break during transport and you might not be able to use them properly when needed. On the other hand, if electronic predator calls are allowed but you can only bring one electronic device with you, then it makes sense to spend more on electronic predator call devices that have high-quality sounds so they can attract predators over great distances without expending too much power.
· Legal regulations . Some states allow electronic predator calls while others do not so it makes sense to check electronic predator call laws in your state before deciding which electronic predator call to buy. If electronic devices are not allowed, then you might need to purchase electronic equipment and maintain a record of them under the rules set by your state.
6) Features to avoid if possible
Since electronic prey distress calls can be an efficient way to bring predators close for a shot, many hunters want electronic predator call devices with as many features as possible. While some electronic predator call features might be useful, others should be avoided because they only add extra cost without providing real benefits that improve hunting results.
· Low-quality speakers : You do not want electronic predator call devices with low-quality speakers because the sound quality will be poor, and you will not be able to hear it at all if there is too much background noise such as wind.
· Unnecessary electronic Predator Call features : Electronic predator call devices come with a variety of electronic predator call features but only a few are really useful for hunters so if electronic devices have many extra electronic Predator Call features, then you might consider going for electronic prey distress calls that provide more value even with fewer added electronic features.
7) Is it a gaming gadget?
In the electronic predator call world, many manufacturers produce their own electronic prey distress calls and most fall into two categories: by-products from other electronic devices and high-quality electronic game or gaming gadgets.
While high-quality electronic game gadgets can be expensive, they tend to last a long time and provide high-quality electronic predator calls with clear, natural electronic Predator Call sounds.
On the other hand, electronic devices based on by-products from electronic gadgets such as laptops or mobile phones tend to be cheaper but they last a short time and their electronic Predator Call sounds might sound muffled or unnatural.
8) Features to check before buying electronic prey distress calls
Before you buy an electronic device for hunting, it is a good idea to read electronic Predator Call reviews of each one because some electronic call features are more useful than others.
For example, if you want to use electronic predator call devices for different types of animals such as coyotes and cougars, then finding electronic predator call devices that can play two prerecorded messages simultaneously might be very useful.
9) Electronic Predator Call electronic prey distress call price
Electronic prey distress calls come in many different prices so you should expect to spend about $200-400 on high-quality electronic hunting gadgets such as electronic deer decoys or electronic coyote decoys. On the other hand, cheaper electronic devices such as the caller ant might cost less than $100 but they can only play a single prerecorded message. If electronic predators are not allowed in your area, then you might want to consider buying electronic deer decoys since they can also attract human hunters which usually have good accuracy when it comes to shooting.
You do not need an electronic Predator Call flashlight if there is already an electronic Predator Call light on your electronic predator call device.
· SD, SDHC and SDXC card readers
These electronic Predator Call features are useful but you do not need them if the electronic prey distress calls only support micro-SD cards because they are much cheaper than other electronic Predator Call memory types such as SD or Micro-SD.
10) Read Product Reviews
If you want to buy electronic devices for hunting, then it is a wise idea to read electronic reviews of each product before buying one because some electronic deer decoys and electronic coyote decoys might sound better than others even though their electronic predator call prices might be higher.
By reading reviews, you can learn about many different aspects including:
Electronic predator call power source :
- Is it battery operated, rechargeable or solar powered?
- Does the electronic device take batteries?
- If so, what type of batteries does it need?
- How many electronic prey distress calls can be made between recharges for each different type of battery?
- Do you have enough time to recharge your electronic devices before hunting or should you take spare batteries with you instead?
Noise-cancelling technology : This feature can be useful if there is other wildlife in the area near where you plan to hunt such as electronic deer decoys.
We discuss plastic calls and mouth calls in our Deer Call Hunting review below:
We may discuss Howler Calls in another article.