Kershaw Ken Onion Blur
Our Choice: The Kershaw Ken Onion Blur is the best folding hunting knife that is designed to provide excellent performance no matter what the job is. Its blade is made of durable stainless steel with Tungsten DLC coating that makes it efficient to use for outdoor use. It also folds into a non-threatening stub that you can take anywhere with you.
• Blade Finish: Tungsten DLC
• Blade Length: 3-3/8″
• Blade Material: Sandvik 14C28N Stainless Steel
• Closed Length: 4-1/2″
• Handle: 6061-T6 Anodized Aluminum
• Overall Length: 7-7/8″
• Weight: 4.2 oz
1. The Kershaw Ken Onion Blur is a folding hunting knife that you can bring anywhere and even hide conspicuously for safety. When folded it looks like an ordinary piece of metal and when it is unfolded looks like a threatening knife with a seriously sharp point. The blades are also coated for extra durability and performance.
2. It is partially serrated to allow you to cut through tough materials and its sharp edges, on the other hand, will help you cut, chop, splice and puncture soft and hard materials with no effort at all.
3. With just one hand you can open the knife with one push. The Speed Safe feature also helps secure the knife when you are not using it. The handy belt clip allows you to carry the knife anywhere you want to go.
4. The handle will never slip or slide with its rough Trac-Tec material.
1. The most common complaint about the Kershaw Ken Onion Blur is its belt clip. Many found this feature impossible to pry open and were also very hard to transfer from one side to another. There are also users that found the spring-assisted lock feature harder to open as well as close.
The Kershaw Ken Onion Blur is a folding hunting knife that will work well in any environment no matter what. It has a durable blade and a handle that will never slip. Other than complaints about the belt clip and the assisted opening feature, it is basically a perfect knife to choose.
Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter
The Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter is a part of Buck Knives 50th anniversary edition models. It is a folding hunting knife that looks very elegant you may decide not to use it outdoors! It has a polished stainless steel blade with a handle made of Macassar Ebony Dymondwood. You can tell that there was a lot of time spent creating this Buck Knives model because of the following features. It is surely one of the best folding hunting knives!!
• Blade Finish: Nil
• Blade Length: 3-3/4″
• Blade Material: 420HC Stainless Steel
• Closed Length: 4-7/8″
• Handle: Macassar Ebony Dymondwood
• Overall Length: 8-5/8″
• Weight: 7.2 oz
1. The Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter is more than a beautiful knife, but it is also a blade with a durable, sharp and amazing blade. The blade is made of stainless steel with a single sharp edge along with a pointed tip for lacerating, cutting and puncturing hard and tough materials.
2. The handle is also more than a gorgeous piece of metal, but it also contoured to provide a safe grip and all the while reducing tension on the hands and wrist. The locking mechanism is fairly old-style and you need to use both hands to open the knife but these accounts for the Buck Knives 0110BRS-B’s safety. The small notch on the blade opens the knife efficiently.
3. The knife should be kept in a stand or a collector’s case since it looks very spectacular with its engraved blades and emblem on the handle.
1. The Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter is hard to open considering it is not an open-assist knife. It takes two hands to open and thus may be unreliable when danger arises.
The Buck Knives 110 Folding Hunter is recommended for hunters and avid knife collector. It has a sharp and durable blade and a dependable and safe handle however the beautiful finish makes it more than a collector’s item folding knife rather than a folding hunting knife. It is also very affordable for a commemorative knife at $73.00 from Buck Knives official site.
Cold Steel Spartan 21S
The Cold Steel Spartan 21S is a folding hunting knife that is inspired by the qualities of a Spartan warrior. The blades are strong while the handles are innovative just two of the best qualities of a Spartan. The Cold Steel Spartan 21S may look unusually designed because of its unique Grivory handle. But there is more to it than the unusual beauty and design of the Spartan 215 that meets the eye.
• Blade Finish: Nil
• Blade Length: 4-1/2″
• Blade Material: Japanese Aus 8A Stainless Steel
• Closed Length: 6″
• Handle: Grivory with Steel Liners
• Overall Length: 10-1/2″
• Weight: 9.2 oz
1. The blade of the Cold Steel Spartan 21S is sharp and will never need too much maintenance. It is easy to sharpen and does not need a lot of time to sharpen too. The stainless steel blade will never lose its shine and has a deep edge that is positioned to give a sheen-like effect on the blade.
2. The handle will never move or make the blade wobble since it is injection-moulded Grivory. It also has steel liners that make it a stable and heavy-duty handle.
3. This knife is easy to open with one hand using its dual thumb plate. But even with this easy unassisted opening, you can be sure that you won’t worry about the knife accidentally opening since the Tri-Ad locking mechanism.
1. The handle of the Cold Steel Spartan 215 is uniquely designed which makes users uneasy about purchasing this knife. There are no other major disadvantages of purchasing this knife for outdoor use.
The Cold Steel Spartan 215 is recommended for hunters and for those that would like to have an outdoor hunting and tactical knife to use for different tasks. The blade is strong and will never need to be sharpened regularly and hence will give more time to do other things outdoors than sharpen your knife time and again. It has a unique design that seemed different from other folding knives, but it is just the way the Spartan is expertly designed.